Friday, 9 January 2015

Sleepless (Red Eye) by Lou Morgan

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little Tiger Group and NetGalley.
Sleepless (Red Eye)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Young, rich and good-looking, Izzy and her friends lead seemingly perfect lives. But exams are looming – and at a school like Clerkenwell, failure is not an option. Luckily, Tigs has a solution. A small pill that will make revision a breeze and help them get the results they need. Desperate to succeed, the group begin taking the study drug.

It doesn’t take long before they realize there are far worse things than failing a few exams.


Sleepless by Lou Morgan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Sleepless (Red Eye)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little Tiger Group and NetGalley.)

This was a good thriller/horror story, but I have to admit to being a bit confused by the ending.

I did like some of the characters in this, and I felt quite sorry for poor Izzy. I understood that her and her friends only wanted to do well in their exams, but I did feel that the only one with any sense was Kara. Who gets given random drugs by a friend, with no labels or explanations as to what is in them, that have come from some random unapproved website, and says ‘what the hell? Down the hatch!’. I mean talk about asking for trouble! Have they no self-preservation skills? Do they not worry about what they’re taking? It could by cyanide for all they know!

The storyline in this was pretty good, and I liked the creepiness and the little twists we got. The book really did have its creepy moments, and I liked that as I’m a bit sick of scary stories not being scary. I also liked that the story was believable, realistic enough, and not the same old thing rehashed.
There was some romance, but just a touch, and it didn’t really interfere with the main storyline.

My main complaint with this book was the ending! I liked the rest of the book, but then the ending was a little bit odd, and left me with doubts as to what exactly was really happening! So annoying as I hate open endings! What am I supposed to take from that ending?
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment