Sunday, 4 January 2015

Pulse (Pulse #1) by Patrick Carman


Pulse (Pulse, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the year 2051, who has a pulse?

With the help of her mysterious classmate Dylan Gilmore, Faith Daniels discovers that she can move objects with her mind. This telekinetic ability is called a “pulse,” and Dylan has the talent, too.

In riveting action scenes, Faith demonstrates her ability to use her pulse against a group of telekinesis masters who are so powerful they can flatten their enemies by uprooting streetlights, throwing boulders, and changing the course of a hurtling hammer so that it becomes a deadly weapon. But even with her unusual talent, the mind--and the heart--can be difficult to control. If Faith wants to join forces with Dylan and save the world, she’ll have to harness the power of both.

Patrick Carman’s Pulse trilogy is a stunning and epic triumph about the power of the mind--and of love.


Pulse by Patrick Carman

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



Pulse (Pulse, #1)This book wasn’t what I was expecting, and I didn’t really enjoy it.

The characters in this were all pretty immature, and I didn’t really like any of them. They irritated me a bit in places, and I didn’t really care much what happened to them.

The storyline in this bored me a bit, there was some action, and things happened that I didn’t see coming, but I just felt bored most of the time, and there were some predictable moments too. Things weren’t explained well, even with the info dumps, and it was really difficult to know what the heck was going on. Wire codes were both a sort of drug and a way of hacking? States were created to keep people living a clean life all in one place? What?

The ending again had a bit of action, but I was really bored by that point. Not looking forward to the other books in the series.
5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment