Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage) by Sarah Cross


Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Mirabelle's past is shrouded in secrecy, from her parents' tragic deaths to her guardians' half-truths about why she can't return to her birthplace, Beau Rivage. Desperate to see the town, Mira runs away a week before her sixteenth birthday—and discovers a world she never could have imagined.

In Beau Rivage, nothing is what it seems—the strangely pale girl with a morbid interest in apples, the obnoxious playboy who's a beast to everyone he meets, and the chivalrous guy who has a thing for damsels in distress. Here, fairy tales come to life, curses are awakened, and ancient stories are played out again and again.

But fairy tales aren't pretty things, and they don't always end in happily ever after. Mira has a role to play, a fairy tale destiny to embrace or resist. As she struggles to take control of her fate, Mira is drawn into the lives of two brothers with fairy tale curses of their own . . . brothers who share a dark secret. And she'll find that love, just like fairy tales, can have sharp edges and hidden thorns.


Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1)Stupidly I was expecting something sweet, with a little bit of a bite, but unfortunately I was mostly bored.

I didn’t love any of the characters in this book, Blue was certainly the liveliest, but he was also pretty irritating, and Mira just didn’t make much sense to me at all.

The storyline in this was okay, but the pace was just so slow! I was so bored, and things just didn’t seem to be happening in a timely fashion. I did want to know what happened, but I also wanted to know a lot sooner than we did.
There was romance, but I wasn’t really interested.

The ending was pretty Disney, but I was just glad it was over.
5 out of 10


2 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous! Too bad the story was disappointing, hope your next read is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough I'm reading the sequel and it is so much better!

    ReplyDelete