Thursday, 1 January 2015

Behind the Stars (Behind the Stars #1-6) by Leigh Talbert Moore

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Leigh Talbert Moore.
Behind the Stars
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Prentiss Puckett is certain of three things:
-Graduation is two weeks away.
-Summer only gets hotter in south Mississippi.
-She’s getting a job with air-conditioning.

She did not expect to be kidnapped walking to work.
And she never expected to become a hero.

Red Dawn meets L O S T in this new action-adventure romance from Amazon bestselling author Leigh Talbert Moore.
 

Behind the Stars by Leigh Talbert Moore

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Behind the Stars
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Leigh Talbert Moore.)

This was an interesting story, and not what I expected at all!

Prentiss was a strong character, and it was admiral how hard she worked to look out for her friends, and to try and get back to her boyfriend Jackson. She didn’t lose hope, even when things looked bad, and always strived to try and work out what was going on, and what she could do about it.

The storyline in this wasn’t what I was expecting at all! I was expecting a story about a kidnapped girl, I didn’t expect there to be more than one kidnapped person, and I didn’t expect the kidnapers to be who they were! I won’t say more because I don’t want to drop spoilers, but this was definitely not your average contemporary mystery story.

There was some romance in this, and it was in the form of a love triangle. I have to say that Prentiss made the right decision with regards to the two boys though, as one of them was really not worth her time.

The ending to this was good, although there was also room for further adventures.
7 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment