Friday, 5 December 2014

The Slayer and the Sphinx (The Slayer and the Sphinx #1) by Adam Bolander


The Slayer and the Sphinx  (The Slayer and the Sphinx, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Porter Collins is a Slayer with no mercy. Sarah Heisen is a sphinx with no freedom. Brought together in a life altering accident, they find themselves hopelessly lost in the wilderness. Once mortal enemies, they must now rely on each other if they wish to survive. Going against everything they've ever known, they travel together, beginning a journey that is destined to change the world.

The Slayer and the Sphinx by Adam Bolander

My rating: 3.6 of 5 stars


The Slayer and the Sphinx  (The Slayer and the Sphinx, #1)(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk.)

This was a pretty good YA fantasy novel, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

I liked the characters in this book; I felt quite sorry for Porter with his amnesia, and I felt quite sorry for Sarah and the way her family was victimised. I didn’t appreciate the way Sarah lied to Porter during the course of the story, but I could see why she did it.

The storyline in this was pretty good, and I have to say that this book really surprised me! I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but this one needs a better one, because looking at the cover I thought this book would be fairly dull, and it really wasn’t.

Anyway, I liked the action in this book, I liked the adventure, and I liked the world building. It reminded me a little bit of ‘The Hobbit’ especially with the journeying, and this really was a real fantasy adventure!
This one was free of romance, and totally clean, so suitable for younger readers too.

The ending to this was a cliff-hanger, but we still got a big dramatic finish!
Overall; I have to say that this was a really good YA fantasy/adventure story,
7.2 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment