Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Shadow Weavers: Hummingbird (Shadow Weavers #1) by Kay Causer


Shadow Weavers: Hummingbird (Shadow Weavers, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The shadows are moving...

For fifty years the gateways to the dark places have been closed. No dark spirits have escaped and no shadow weavers have been called upon to fight them. But things are changing.

Naomi keeps seeing a hummingbird in her dreams but she has no idea what it means. She also doesn't know who the mysterious boy is that seems to be able to turn invisible, or why the Korean exchange student, Minhyun, is suddenly showing her so much interest. Worst of all, she doesn't know what is lurking in the darkness, waiting for her.

But she is about to find out.

She is the first shadow weaver in fifty years...


Shadow Weavers: Hummingbird by Kay Causer

My rating: 3.62 of 5 stars


Shadow Weavers: Hummingbird (Shadow Weavers, #1)(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk.)

This was a good YA paranormal story, with a touch of romance.

I liked Naomi and Jesse, and I liked how cute they were together. I was a little concerned at the way Naomi hid things from Jesse at times, but she was clever enough to realise that she was wrong to do that!

The storyline in this was pretty good, and I liked that this was quite different to other stuff that I have read, especially considering how many paranormal books I have read! I liked the story, I liked the way it developed, and I liked the pace. There wasn’t too much information, and I thought the action was really good!
There was romance, but just a touch, and it didn’t take over the story. Naomi and Jesse were such a sweet couple though ;)

The ending to this was good, although there was plenty of room for a sequel. Interested to see where the story goes from here!
Overall; good YA paranormal,
7.25 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment