Monday, 15 December 2014

Savior (Savior #1) by A. King Bradley

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author A. King Bradley.
Savior
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Once bullied to the brink of suicide, 16 year-old Adam Reaper discovers extraordinary powers within himself. As the ungovernable changes within unleash a burning hatred for all who once wronged him, Adam is faced with choosing between using his gifts to save the world from impending doom or to take vengeance against his enemies.

For a time, Monica, the love of Adam’s life, is able to keep the newfound darkness in his heart at bay, but tragedy strikes when Adam’s older brother, PJ, is murdered after insidious forces give rise to a formidable domestic terror cell known as The Strangers.

As he pursues his brother’s killers, Adam and his friends, Howie and Ace, find themselves thrust into an unthinkable conflict that could ultimately lead to the destruction of the world. As Adam storms farther away from Monica and deeper down the dark path of revenge, the edges of his own darkness begin to fade once again.

Daring, complex, and unforgettable, this unique take on the Hero’s Journey delivers a perfect blend of captivating action and suspense.


Savior by A. King Bradley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Savior(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author A. King Bradley.)

This wasn’t the sort of book I would typically read, but it was enjoyable.

I felt quite sorry for the main character Adam. He hadn’t had an easy life, he’d had to deal with hunger, bullying, and watching his father abuse his mother. As the book went on and people started dying on him, I felt even more sorry for him.

The storyline in this wasn’t quite the sort of thing I’d normally read. This felt a bit like a superhero story, crossed with a contemporary story, and I did find myself picking this up and putting it back down again a few times.

There were some surprises in this story, and there were also some bits that I found predictable. I was also really disappointed in Adam at points, and didn’t always understand the links between things. I think this was me rather than the book though, as the author did seem to take the time to explain things.

There was a little bit of romance, but not a lot. Adam’s relationship with Monica was quite nice though.

The ending had a bit of action, but we also got left with a bit of a cliff-hanger.
Overall; interesting superhero YA story,
6 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment