Friday, 12 December 2014

Ruination (Worlds Apart #1) by Amanda Thome

Sponsored post: Read using Kindle Unlimited. I also received a digital copy of this book for free from the author. Thanks to Amanda Thome.
Ruination (Worlds Apart, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
What if everything came down to a single test? If your life was defined at seventeen, could you handle it? Could you accept your fate leaving the ones you love, or would you risk it all and stay?

One test stands between Vanessa and Central. One chance to make the leap across the walls to a better life. At seventeen, Central considers Vanessa an adult. Her labor role, marriage, and housing divisions will be dictated by her performance on the leap.

Dedication and unfaltering friendship has bonded Vanessa to Garrett as they fight for their chance to leap into Central. But what happens when love overtakes reason? When defiance in the name of love creates an unintentional fracture in their nation.

Without warning Vanessa is at the mercy of the nation that’s supposed to protect her. Exiled and abandoned she must fight but she find’s she’s not alone. With her heart divided she seeks her revenge, but will her stand be enough?



Ruination by Amanda Thome

My rating: 3.12 of 5 stars


Ruination (Worlds Apart, #1)(Read using Kindle Unlimited. I also received a digital copy of this book for free from the author. Thanks to Amanda Thome.)

This was a YA dystopian with a surprising plot twist.

Nessa had had quite a hard life, especially because she had to raise her younger sister. I found Ty and his motives a little confusing at first, but they became clearer as the story went on.

The storyline in this reminded me of several other books, there were elements that reminded me of ‘The Hunger Games’, ‘Divergent’, and ‘Matched’. There was a very surprising plot twist in this book though, which was the best part of the book for me. After the sadness of the first chapter, I did lose interest a bit, and I needed that plot twists to keep me interested really.
There was romance, but not a lot of it, and we also got a bit of a puzzling love triangle.

The ending to this was a big cliff-hanger, so I need to read the second book now to find out what happens next!
Overall; okay dystopian story, with a plot twist mid-way,
6.25 out of 10


1 comment:

  1. Great review. Adding this book to my tbr list. I am a huge fan of YA dystopian and this sounds like it's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete