Thursday, 18 December 2014

Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Sarah Negovetich and NetGalley.
Rite of Rejection
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Straight-laced, sixteen-year-old Rebecca can’t wait for her Acceptance. A fancy ball, eligible bachelors, and her debut as an official member of society. Instead, the Machine rejects Rebecca. Labeled as a future criminal, she’s shipped off to a life sentence in a lawless penal colony.


A life behind barbed wire fences with the world’s most dangerous people terrifies Rebecca. She reluctantly joins a band of misfit teens in a risky escape plan, complete with an accidental fiancé she’s almost certain she can learn to love.


But freedom comes with a price. To escape a doomed future and prove her innocence Rebecca must embrace the criminal within.




 Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Rite of Rejection(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Sarah Negovetich and NetGalley.)

This story started out okay, but I lost interest.

I didn’t really love any of the characters in this book; Rebecca was sweet but naïve, but the rest of them didn’t make me feel anything at all.

The storyline in this dragged a bit for me, and I began to lose interest. I didn’t initially understand the relevance of ‘the PIT’, or why people were really sent there, and I started to not really care either.
There was some romance, but I wasn’t really interested in it.

The ending was okay, but it just didn’t feel like anything had really been solved. Sure they had a plan, but it was half-baked, and I really didn’t see anything major coming from it!
6 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment