Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Love and Other Theories
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Love and Other Theories is a fast-paced twist on the coming-of-age novel . . . and the romantic comedy.

Aubrey and her best friends made a pact to play by the guys' rules when it comes to dating. They're hoping the rules will keep them from experiencing high school heartbreak--they don't realize that these rules could just as easily keep them from opening their hearts and minds. And when new boy Nathan Diggs moves to town, Aubrey starts to think that some rules are meant to be broken.

With equal parts bite and romance, topped off with an irresistibly engaging voice, Alexis Bass's debut novel is one you won't want to miss.


Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass

My rating: 4.25 of 5 stars


Love and Other Theories(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)

I’m crying, my kindle battery is dead, I’ve eaten a whole packet of jaffa cakes, and I’m slightly tipsy, and all because of this book!

I really liked the characters in this book. Aubrey was such a normal girl, with the normal sort of feelings that girls have, and Nathan was super sweet. How this pair went so wrong I don’t know, but it was seriously sad.

The storyline in this was pretty gripping, while it was in part about the ‘rules’ that Aubrey and her friends were supposed to follow, it was also a love story, and Aubrey and Nathan just seemed so right for each other! I spent the whole book hoping and praying that love would win through, and that this pair would admit that they were right for one another, but after a while it seemed evident that Aubrey wouldn’t be the only one with a broken heart at the end of this story.

The romance in this was super sweet while it was happening, and absolutely crushingly heart-breaking when it wasn’t. Every bump in the road that this pair faced I felt so deeply, and I could not put this book down without knowing what would happen! You know one of those books where what is happening is so painful that you can’t breathe? That’s how this book made me feel, and I was so, so upset as the storyline developed and things went wrong for Aubrey and Nathan.

The ending to this was really sad, and even though Aubrey was looking on the bright side, I just felt so sad! I totally felt like I was going through the events in this story with the characters, and I really felt the heartbreak with poor Aubrey. I really hate that this is the ending for these two – I want more!
Overall; heart-breaking YA contemporary romance,
8.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment