Thursday, 11 December 2014

All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones #2) by Ali Dean


All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
(This is the second book in the Pepper Jones series. The following description contains spoilers for Pepped Up, which should be read first.)

Pepper Jones knew that being Jace Wilder’s girlfriend wouldn’t be simple. But she didn’t predict just how many complications would arise from his past. Jealous girls? That she expected. Family secrets? Not so much. At least Pepper can always hit the trails to clear her head… except when it comes to racing. The high expectations from her phenomenal cross country season haunt her, and she can’t seem to get psyched up for track season. Pepper’s junior year at Brockton Public is full of challenges on and off the track, but she’s not afraid to face them.


All Pepped Up by Ali Dean

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)(Source: Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This was an okay story, but it wasn’t as good as the first in the series.

Pepper was an okay character, and I did feel sorry for her and what she was going through in this book; but I also wanted her to man-up and start training properly again as she seemed to just lose all her spark! I also found that because I have seen the kid’s TV program ‘Peppa Pig’ since reading the first book, that whenever anybody said ‘Pepper’, I thought ‘Pig’.

Jace irritated me a bit in this book, and as the book went further along I remembered him irritating me in the first book as well. I mean quit whining already! Quit throwing your weight around, getting jealous, and trying to fix things with your fists. Ugh.

The storyline in this was a little disappointing for me. I felt like the whole book was about Pepper’s love life, and there was very little about her running, except for when her love life started to ruin her running career. We had some mean girls who tried to get Jace and Pepper to break up, and that was about the top and bottom of this story.

The ending to this was alright, things were happy enough, and we weren’t left with a cliff-hanger. I just expected more from this story for some reason though.
Overall; less running, and more loving,
6.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment