Thursday, 13 November 2014

Saving Grace Devine by Catherine Cavendish

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Samhain Publishing and NetGalley.
Saving Grace Devine
Blurb (from Goodreads):
"Can the living help the dead...and at what cost? "

When Alex Fletcher finds a painting of a drowned girl, she s unnerved. When the girl in the painting opens her eyes, she is terrified. And when the girl appears to her as an apparition and begs her for help, Alex can t refuse.

But as she digs further into Grace s past, she is embroiled in supernatural forces she cannot control, and a timeslip back to 1912 brings her face to face with the man who killed Grace and the demonic spirit of his long-dead mother. With such nightmarish forces stacked against her, Alex s options are few. Somehow she must save Grace, but to do so, she must pay an unimaginable price. "



Saving Grace Devine by Catherine Cavendish

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Saving Grace Devine(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Samhain Publishing and NetGalley.)

This was another one of those books that wasn’t horrible, but just couldn’t keep my interest.

Grace was a bit of an odd character. Why she didn’t see how nuts she sounded when she was going on about seeing ghosts I don’t know. I really didn’t blame her husband for thinking that she was mentally ill, as she seemed fairly happy to tell people that she had seen ghosts!

The storyline in this dragged for me, and it really couldn’t hold my interest. Even the bits that should have been creepy were bogged down in the rest of the book, and I got really bored.
There wasn’t really much romance in this one, but I didn’t really expect this to be an adult book, and I didn’t expect the main character to be married. Maybe it’s just that I’m used to reading YA books, but this did put me off a bit.

The ending was a little unexpected, but to be honest I was just glad that the book was over!
Overall; not for me,
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment