Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Prophecy (Calypso #1) by Julie Anne Lindsey

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Kensington Books and NetGalley.
Prophecy (Calypso, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
On the other side of death, is destiny.

Callie Ingram is spending her senior year focused on one thing: swimming. Her skill as a competitive swimmer is going to secure a scholarship and her future, or so she hopes. She has big plans, and Liam Hale, her gorgeous new neighbor, isn’t going to affect them. But when Callie sees Liam beheading someone, she learns his family has a secret that will change everything. The Hales are Vikings, demi-gods who’ve been charged by The Fates to find their new destined leader.

Callie’s caught in the middle of a budding Norse apocalypse, in love with Liam Hale and desperate to protect her best friend…who the Hales believe is marked for transformation. Putting the clues together as fast as she can, can discovers she has the power to rewrite destiny, for herself and all humankind.



Prophecy by Julie Anne Lindsey

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Prophecy (Calypso, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Kensington Books and NetGalley.)

I really did not like this book at all.

I didn’t really like the characters, they came across as hasty and immature, and I just couldn’t like them. The things they said annoyed me, and they just generally irritated me.

The storyline in this also bugged me. It seemed less than believable, and Vikings? Oh, no thank you!
There was romance, which seemed to be turning into a love triangle, and I wasn’t interested. There was some sex in this too, so not suitable for younger readers.

The ending to this was a relief, but I had really, really lost interest by that point. This was another book that I was just glad to see the end of.
4 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment