Thursday, 27 November 2014

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1) by J.L. Bryan

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author J.L. Bryan, and Megg Jensen.
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Ellie Jordan’s job is to catch and remove unwanted ghosts. Part detective, part paranormal exterminator, Ellie operates out of Savannah, Georgia, one of the oldest and most haunted cities in North America.

When a family contacts her to deal with a disturbing presence in the old mansion they’ve recently purchased, Ellie first believes it to be a typical, by-the-book specter, a residual haunting by a restless spirit. Instead, she finds herself confronting an evil older and more powerful than she’d ever expected, rooted in the house’s long and sordid history of luxury, sin, and murder. The dangerous entity seems particularly interested in her clients’ ten-year-old daughter.

Soon her own life is in danger, and Ellie must find a way to exorcise the darkness of the house before it can kill her, her clients, or their frightened young child.


Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author J.L. Bryan, and Megg Jensen.)

This was a creepy ghost story, and it reminded me a bit of the TV show ‘Supernatural’.

I liked the characters in this book, I did think Ellie was maybe a little crazy for wanting to hunt down ghosts for a living, but once she explained why she did it, it seemed more noble than nuts! Stacey was certainly enthusiastic, and Jacob the psychic seemed fairly genuine.

The storyline in this was pretty good, and there were plenty of creepy moments. What is worse than visiting an old abandoned insane asylum? Visiting an old abandoned insane asylum’s basement. Rather you than me Ellie! And investigating a creepy old house full of nasty ghosts? I’m not going there either.

The ending to this was wrapped up nicely, but still left us wanting to know what happens next for Ellie. There were quite a lot of creepy moments and surprise twists in this book, so overall it was a pretty good ghost story.
7 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I loved this book. It's my kind of reading. I'm hoping to get the second and third books too now that they are available. I'm fascinated with ghost hunting. Wish there was a team I could join up with here! Maybe. If I'm not too chicken. LOL

    ReplyDelete