Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Dehumanize Us (Fabricated World #1) by Emmanuelle Grey

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Emmanuelle Grey and NetGalley.
Dehumanize Us (Fabricated World, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Seventeen-year-old Circe is fine with watching the world burn as long as it's from afar. When her twin is taken by beings known as the Others, she is willing to do anything to rescue him. Including enlisting the help of an injured, though handsome, cyborg and facing off against the charismatic leader of a less than benevolent human Resistance.

However, she isn't prepared for the new reality after coming out of isolation. The Earth she once knew is decimated by an unknown virus, former humans are made into vicious cyborgs, and the brother she is desperate to get to might be better off as he is. With shocking discoveries along the way, Circe is forced to lead a life she's never imagined and abide by this New World's rules: love only when convenient and play pretend every hour of the day.


Dehumanize Us by Emmanuelle Grey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Dehumanize Us (Fabricated World, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Emmanuelle Grey and NetGalley.)

This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

Circe was an okay character, but I didn’t love her. She seemed to go on about stuff a little too much for me, and her waffling started to annoy me; this was may have been more to do with the writing, but it was irritating.

The storyline in this was okay, but again, the pace was slow, and I felt like there were a lot of descriptions and other stuff that didn’t need to be in there. I got a bit bored of this to be honest, and felt like the story dragged because of it.
There was romance but it didn’t really interest me. The love triangle seemed a little unnecessary, and I just didn’t care for it.

The end was okay, and we got a bit of action, I felt like we hadn’t really achieved much during the course of the story though, and I was mainly glad that it was over.
Overall; too slowly paced and didn’t hold my interest well,
6 out of 10.


1 comment: