Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Cherish Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo, #2, Wildflower Ranch, #1) by Alissa Callen

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Tule Publishing and NetGalley.
Cherish Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo, #2, Wildflower Ranch, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Working cowgirl, Payton Hollis, has no time for hairdryers, heels and helplessness. She must save her home, Beargrass Hills Ranch. She also has no time for men. She already is boot-deep in blue-eyed cowboy trouble.

City-boy, Cordell Morgan, isn’t who he seems. His fancy suit and slow smile hide dark secrets. Secrets as to why his hands are callused, why he never stays around and why he has really come to Marietta, Montana.

Between a shrewd old rancher, a cantankerous rodeo horse and a stud bull called Trouble, Payton and Cordell have no chance to lead separate lives. No matter how much their futures may depend upon them doing so.

Can a sassy cowgirl lower her guard for a man who will soon be gone? And can a man who believes emotions are nothing but a liability take the ultimate risk?


Cherish Me, Cowboy by Alissa Callen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Cherish Me, Cowboy (Montana Born Rodeo, #2, Wildflower Ranch, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Tule Publishing and NetGalley.)

This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

Payton was an okay character, but she was so stubborn! She didn’t like to let anyone help her with anything, and wouldn’t even entertain the notion of a romantic relationship. Cordell was likewise stubborn, but he did at least flirt a little bit. Generally these two were like two peas in a pod.

The storyline in this was alright, but after a while it started to drag, and I got a little fed-up with it. The characters were so stubborn and neither wanted to budge an inch, it took forever for the romance to actually start happening, and it wasn’t all that great when it eventually happened.

This was a clean romance, so it was basically have a kiss, then go to the bedroom, end of scene. I don’t know whether it’s just because I’m not used to clean romances at the moment, but this just felt like a massive let down for me. I think if I’d been more involved in the romance this wouldn’t have bothered me, but it just felt like one more blow for me.

The ending was okay, and there were a couple of plot points thrown in that I hadn’t expected. This book just felt like a bit of a let-down for me though.
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment