Monday, 3 November 2014

Blood Entwines by Caroline Healy

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.
Blood Entwines
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the aftermath of a blood transfusion that saved her life, Kara feels different. Her senses are stronger ... she can hear whispered comments not meant for her ears ... she can hear the person following her.

When Jack, her stalker, reveals himself and insists that Kara has something that belongs to him, she does her best to avoid him. But he’s determined to talk to her, convinced that they’re linked through the blood she received during her transfusion.

Jack is struggling against a dark and dangerous demon. His body is host to the evil power that wants Kara’s blood and will stop at nothing to get it, but when Jack himself is able to regain control he tries to warn her away. Can Kara save Jack without risking her own life?


Blood Entwines by Caroline Healy

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


Blood Entwines(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and NetGalley.)

I was looking forward to this book, but unfortunately I felt bored and irritated most of the time whilst reading it.

I thought that Kara was an okay character, and I felt quite sorry for her what with the accident and what happened to her father. The way her ‘friends’ treated her wasn’t very nice, especially her best friend Ashleigh, who most certainly did NOT have her best interests at heart!

The storyline in this wasn’t horrible, but it just didn’t hold my attention very well. I got a bit bored, and didn’t really care what happened. I got confused by the constant switching from character to character, the paranormal stuff didn’t interest me, and I didn’t get why Ben’s ideas about dating switched so massively between the beginning and the end of the book.

The ending was okay, and we did get a bit of action, I still had trouble staying focused during this one though, and I don’t think I’d want to read a sequel.
Overall; not for me,
5 out of 10.


1 comment: