Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Immortal (Fallen Angels #6) by J.R. Ward

Sponsored post: I received a finished copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks so much to Piatkus and Little, Brown Book Group!
Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The Creator invented the game. The stakes were nothing less than the immortal fate of mankind. Yet when fallen angel Jim Heron was challenged to play, he had no idea the voracious demon Devina would be so formidable an adversary-or that the carnal depths to which he was willing to go could prove so fatal.

Devina's more than ready to claim victory in this war and has her next scheme already underway: Sissy, a defenseless woman under the influence and an unwitting player in the fight for Heron's heart.

At the defining crossroads between salvation and damnation, Heron is ready to do anything it takes to succeed-a suicide mission that will take him into Heaven and Hell, and into the darkest and most sensual shadows that lie in wait at the end of the world . . .

'Everything J.R. Ward writes is a must read . . . she never disappoints' Christine Feehan.


Immortal by J.R. Ward

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)(Source: I received a finished copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks so much to Piatkus and Little, Brown Book Group!)

This was a good end to the series, and I liked how everything came together.

I liked Sissy in this book, she seemed to have grown so much since the last book, and she finally started to come across as a woman rather than a girl, which made a big difference! I liked the way we got even more insight into Devina’s character, and I liked the risks that Jim took to make things right.

The storyline in this was good. I liked how the storylines came together, I liked who the final two souls were (even if I had kind-of predicted it), and I liked the way the storyline developed. I did think that some crazy things happened in this book, but it all worked out okay!
There was romance, and some pretty hot sex scenes, they weren’t quite as steamy as some of J. R. Wards other work, but they were still good ;) I have to say that I much preferred the relationship between Jim and Sissy in this book compared to the previous book.

The end to this was good, and I thought the author had done a really good job of tying off those loose ends in a satisfying and believable way, making this a great end to the series.
Overall; good end to the series!
7 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. I have never read one of this author's books but I recognize the shirtless covers...and I have heard people RAVE about the Black Dagger brotherhood. Want to try those one day!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete