Saturday, 20 September 2014

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin (UK) Limited and NetGalley.
The Good Girl
Blurb (from Goodreads):
“I’ve been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she has her dry cleaning done, where she works. I don’t know the colour of her eyes or what they look like when she’s scared. But I will.”
Mia Dennett can’t resist a one-night stand with the enigmatic stranger she meets in a bar. But going home with him will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia’s life.
Mia comes from a prominent society family and her mother will stop at nothing to find her, but no one could have predicted the emotional entanglements that eventually cause this family’s world to shatter…



The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


The Good Girl(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin (UK) Limited and NetGalley.)

This was an okay story, and I didn’t guess the twists at the end.

I found this story a little weird, because it was told from three points of view, at two different times (before and after) and one of these points of view wasn’t the main character! Because of this, and because we were only learning about the main character by hearing what other people had to say about her, it was a little difficult to connect to her properly.

I did feel quite sorry for Mia, but I also felt her behaviour became a little strange towards the end of her ordeal, although I’m guessing that her behaviour could probably be explained as Stockholm syndrome.

The storyline in this was alright, although the slow pace began to irritate me after a while, and the middle of the story seemed to really drag.

The end was interesting, and it wasn’t how I expected the book to end, as there were a couple of twists that I really didn’t see coming!
Overall; okay mystery story,
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Ah yes the format is quite strange and confusing but it sounds intriguing too. Maybe on day. But it doesn't seem like an amazing book so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete