Thursday, 18 September 2014

The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Books and Netgalley.
The 100 Society
Blurb (From Goodreads):
For sixth-form student Grace Becker, The 100 Society is more than just a game; it's an obsession. Having convinced her five friends at Clifton Academy to see it through to the end, Grace will stop at nothing to carry out the rules of the game: tagging 100 locations around the city. With each step closer to the 100-mark they get, the higher the stakes become. But when the group catches the attention of a menacing stalker - the Reaper - he seems intent on exposing their illegal game, tormenting Grace with anonymous threats and branding their dormitory doors with his ominous tag.

As the once tight-knit group slowly unravels, torn apart by doubt and the death of a student, they no longer know who to trust.

With time running out, Grace must unmask the Reaper before he destroys everything she cares about for ever...


The 100 Society by Carla Spradbery

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



The 100 Society(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Books and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Grace is trying to spray paint a ‘tag’ on 100 locations across the city, all with the hope of becoming notorious, and getting her art recognised.
When it seems that someone is undoing her work though, and people start dying, she knows that this is one stunt that has gone too far.
Who is targeting Grace’s classmates? And can she stop them before it’s too late?


I nearly didn’t read this, but I am so glad I did because it was actually pretty good!

I really liked Grace, I liked her spunk, and I liked how much she loved her friends, as well as her drive to be brilliant. I felt quite sorry for her when things started going wrong though, as she was really unprepared to be targeted the way she was.

The storyline in this was pretty good, and although it started out a little slowly, it got better. There were some pretty creepy moments, and it was really hard to guess who the bad guy was! I suspected one person, then another, but I never guessed at who the culprit really was!

There was some romance, but it was a side-story; I did like the it at the end though, even if the love-triangle was a little irritating at one point.

The ending to this was good! We got a bit of action, and again – I did not guess who the killer was at all!
Overall; good YA mystery/horror story,
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment