Monday, 29 September 2014

Scorched by Erica Hayes

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins UK, HarperImpulse and NetGalley.
Scorched
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In a world where everyone wears a mask, you can't trust anyone… not even yourself.

Verity Fortune was once Sapphire City’s top crime-fighter, wielding her powers of telekinesis to battle the city’s most despicable villains. Now, she’s consumed by a single burning desire: revenge. Against those who took away her mask, her memory, and nearly her life.

Having escaped from the asylum they left her to rot in, Verity dons her mask once again and becomes the Seeker, a vigilante warrior for truth.

But when she unwittingly uncovers an evil conspiracy deep within her own family, she’s suddenly on the run, alone and hunted by those she thought were on her side…


Scorched by Erica Hayes

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Scorched(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins UK, HarperImpulse and NetGalley.)

This book started out a little confusing but okay, but as it went on I got really bored.

Verity was just a confusing character really. At the start of the book it was like she barely knew her own name, and it was really difficult to know whether to believe what she told us was going on or not! Unfortunately this didn’t really improve over the course of the book, and I really didn’t warm to her at all.

The storyline in this was quite jumpy and difficult to follow. Things were revealed during the course of the story, but I was so bored that I stopped caring. After the 20% mark this story just lost me, and really could not regain my interest right up to the end.
There was some romance, but I didn’t really appreciate that either.

The ending was again a bit confusing, but I really didn’t care what happened at that point.
Overall; dull and confusing,
4.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment