Sunday, 14 September 2014

Rival (Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.
Rival (Fall Away, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war . . . 

She's back.


For the three years she's been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.

I was stupid then, but now I'm ready to beat her at her own game . . .

I'm back.

Three years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he's better than me.

But I won't be scared away. Or pushed down. I'll call his bluff and fight back. That's what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he'll never know how much he affects me . . .


Rival by Penelope Douglas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Rival (Fall Away, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley.)

Rival was a really sexy NA contemporary romance, and I really enjoyed it!

I have to say that I wasn’t Madoc’s biggest fan in the first two books, and I also hadn’t realised that Fallon was his step-sister! I did warm to both characters as the story went on though, and I even started to like Madoc. Madoc’s piercing was a sexy surprise, and I loved how Fallon made him lose his cool!

The storyline in this was pretty good, although again, it was a little strange that Madoc and Fallon were step-siblings! I really enjoyed this story though, and the sexy bits were really good! There were a couple of things that I saw coming, but it didn’t alter my enjoyment of the story.
The romance was also really good, and there were some seriously steamy moments between Fallon and Madoc!

The ending was good, and I really want to read the next book now!
8 out of 10.


1 comment: