Monday, 8 September 2014

No One Needs to Know by Amanda Grace, & Mandy Hubbard

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.
No One Needs to Know
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Sometimes, the cost of love is too steep

Olivia's twin brother, Liam, has been her best friend her whole life. But when he starts dating, Olivia is left feeling alone, so she tries to drive away Liam's girlfriends in an effort to get her best friend back.

But she meets her match in Zoey, Liam's latest fling. A call-it-like-she-sees-it kind of girl, Zoey sees right through Olivia's tricks. What starts as verbal sparring between the two changes into something different, however, as they share their deepest insecurities and learn they have a lot in common. Olivia falls for Zoey, believing her brother could never get serious with her. But when Liam confesses that he's in love with Zoey, Olivia has to decide who deserves happiness more: her brother or herself?


No One Needs to Know by Amanda Grace

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



No One Needs to Know(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.)
When Liam meets Zoey, he doesn’t expect to have to share her with his sister Olivia.
Who will Zoey choose? Liam, or Olivia?


This was an okay story, but it didn’t hold my attention very well.

Zoey and Olivia were both okay characters, but I didn’t really love either of them. I felt sorry for Olivia and the way her brother Liam treated her, and I felt sorry for Zoey and the way her sister was being bullied and they couldn’t afford to move, but I didn’t feel anything else for either of them.

The storyline in this was just a bit too slow for me. I’ve read another book by this author and wasn’t the biggest fan either so I’m guessing that this author’s writing style just doesn’t work for me. I thought that this book sounded good from the blurb, but in reality it just didn’t interest me. There wasn’t enough flirting, there weren’t enough sweet moments, there wasn’t enough danger and excitement. I read a book a couple of weeks ago which was a romance between two girls and it was so much better than this! This was a real disappointment after that.
The ending to this was okay, and I liked that things worked out and there was no animosity between Liam and Olivia, I did expect there to be a bit more of a fight though.
Overall; okay story, but not entertaining enough for me.
5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment