Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Forest of Whispers by Jennifer Murgia

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.
Forest of Whispers
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Raised by an old fortune-teller within the dark veil of the Bavarian Black Forest, Rune has learned two valuable lessons: only take from the forest that which you can use, and never, never look anyone in the eye in the village. For something terrible happened in the forest long ago... and now, the whispers of a long-dead mother with a vengeful secret have come haunting.

Forced to flee all she has ever known, Rune soon learns of a legacy she is bound to--one that is drenched in fear, witchcraft and murder--a birthright that stretches beyond the grave to the trees where Rune is no longer safe.


Forest of Whispers by Jennifer Murgia

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Forest of Whispers(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.)

This was an interesting story about witchcraft, and I enjoyed it.

I liked Rune and I felt sorry for her in the way she was persecuted. It was awful the way she had so little to start with, and lost so much. Her life was really sheltered, and it was obvious how much she loved the woman who had raised her like her own.

The storyline in this was good, but it was also sad in places. There were a couple of twists that I didn't see coming, and I liked that the romance was toned down as it was a little obvious.

The ending was good, and I was glad that Rune got a happy ending after everything that she had been through.
Overall; good YA story about witchcraft,
7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment