Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Perfection (Perfection #1) by J.L. Spelbring

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.
Perfection
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The personification of Aryan purity, Ellyssa's spent her whole life under her creator's strict training and guidance; her purpose is to eradicate inferior beings. She was genetically engineered to be the perfect soldier: strong, intelligent, unemotional, and telepathic.
Only Ellyssa isn't perfect.
Ellyssa feels emotions--a fact she's spent her life concealing. Until she encounters the epitome of inferiority: a dark-haired boy raised among renegades hiding since the Nazis won the war a century ago. He speaks to her telepathically, pushing thoughts into her mind, despite the impossibility of such a substandard person having psychic abilities.
But he does.
His unspoken words and visions of a place she's never visited make Ellyssa question her creator. Confused and afraid her secret will be discovered, Ellyssa runs away, embarking on a journey where she discovers there is more to her than perfection.


Perfection by J.L. Spelbring

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Perfection(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and NetGalley.)

I tried really hard to like this book, but I just couldn’t get into it.

Ellyssa was an okay character, but I just couldn’t connect with her properly. I felt sorry for her at points, but I just got a bit bored.

The storyline in this could have been good, but the pace just ruined it. I felt like this book was more like 500 pages than 300, and the pace was just so slow. There was so much going on in there that didn’t need to be there, and it just made the story drag! I tried really hard to get into this, but it just dragged and dragged and dragged, and I got to the point where I didn’t really care what happened next, I just wanted it to end!

I did struggle through this to the end, even though it got to the point where it wasn’t even making sense any more I was so uninterested. Needless to say, I really don’t want to read the sequel.
Overall; too slow, and too long,
4 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment