Sunday, 17 August 2014

My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi


My Life After Now
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Lucy just had the worst week ever. Seriously, mega bad. And suddenly, it's all too much—she wants out. Out of her house, out of her head, out of her life. She wants to be a whole new Lucy. So she does something the old Lucy would never dream of.

And now her life will never be the same. Now, how will she be able to have a boyfriend? What will she tell her friends? How will she face her family?

Now her life is completely different...every moment is a gift. Because now she might not have many moments left.


My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



My Life After Now(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This was an okay story about a difficult subject.

Lucy was an okay character, although I was pretty shocked at the massive mistake she made. That being said, she’s not the only person to ever lose herself in a moment and regret it later, this was just a humongously major complication to be left with.

The storyline in this was okay, and I felt Lucy’s panic and fear. It was such a horrible thing to happen to her, and it was almost unbelievable at first. You just don’t expect that to happen to a perfectly normal 17-year-old girl, which kind-of proves that it can happen to anyone.
I can’t say I really liked the romance aspect of the book, and I didn’t really like some of the choices Lucy made after what happened.
The ending to this was okay, although certain aspects were predictable. This was an enjoyable (if uncomfortable in places) story overall.
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment