Sunday, 3 August 2014

Glitch (Glitch #1) by Heather Anastasiu


Glitch (Glitch, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse. In Heather Anastasiu's action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.


Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Glitch (Glitch, #1)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This was an interesting sci-fi story and I enjoyed it.

I liked Zoe, and I felt sorry for her with both the glitches, and the way she didn’t live what we would think of as a normal life. I was so glad that she stood her ground with a certain person though, and didn’t allow him to force her into doing something she wasn’t comfortable with.

The storyline in this was pretty good, and I enjoyed it overall. I have to admit to getting Max and Zoe’s brother confused though! Two characters with names so similar confuses me. I did have a very bad feeling about Max though, and just could not bring myself to trust him at all. No matter what he did he just creeped me out, and I didn’t like him!

This book did remind me of a couple of other books in places though – Delirium with the whole ‘love being dangerous’ thing, and just about every paranormal book ever in the main character being impervious to certain powers. We also got a serious Matrix vibe at the end!
There was romance in this and it did turn into a love triangle. I really liked Adrien, but again, I could not stand Max at all.

The ending to this was filled with twists, and I’m really interested to see what happens in the next book now!
Overall; good sci-fi story,
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment