Saturday, 16 August 2014

Friend is a Four Letter Word by Steph Campbell


Friend is a Four Letter Word
Blurb (from Goodreads):
They both have secrets...But whose past will catch up to them first?

Shayna Gillan is on a mission: start fresh in a new state without the small town gossip that has haunted her since her bad girl days of high school.

Carter MacPherson has long been the most together member of his crazy family—until now. With a secret threatening to crumble everything he's worked for, he wishes he could forget the recent past, too.

The last thing Shayna and Carter are looking for is a relationship. It's best to be alone while they sort out their issues.

Friends. That's all they can ever be.

But even the best laid plans always have a flaw, and once Shayna and Carter cross the line between friendship and more, there's no turning back...

The only question left is—whose past will catch up to them first?


Friend is a Four Letter Word by Steph Campbell

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars


Friend is a Four Letter WordThis was an enjoyable story, but I felt like it ended a little abruptly.
I liked both Shayna and Carter in this book; they both had their issues and they had both made bad decisions. I liked the way they changed, even if it was a difficult process, but it was clear that they needed each other.
It was also nice to catch up with Quinn and Ben again, although I once again thought that Quinn was a totally different person to who she was in ‘Grounding Quinn’.

The storyline in this was enjoyable, and I liked the romance. I liked how Shayna and Carter came together, and I even stayed up late reading this because I didn’t want to put it down!
The end to this wasn’t quite what I expected though, and I just felt like the end came really suddenly. Whether this was in part due to the fact that the ebook ended at the 84% mark I don’t know, but I just felt like we hadn’t really had all of the story, and there were questions left unanswered for me, which was disappointing.
Overall; enjoyable story, but the ending left me hanging,
7 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment