Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Feed (Newsflesh #1) by Mira Grant


Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop.

The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected.

The truth will get out, even if it kills them.


Feed by Mira Grant

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This was an okay story, but it really wasn’t what I was expecting from a zombie book.

The main characters in this were a bit annoying. Georgia seemed to just think like a reporter all the time. Every single little thing she seemed to compute into news opportunities, and ratings, and she didn’t seem to always think clearly about consequences.
Shaun on the other hand was pretty reckless, and thought nothing of poking a zombie with a stick, or going into zombie territory all for the sake of his ratings as well!

The storyline in this was just so slow and news-heavy. I had no idea that this book would be so much like a documentary following some bloggers around zombie territory, and considering how long his book was, not that much happened. I felt like I was constantly bombarded with information, and got very bogged down with it at points. I’m also someone who stays as far away from news as possible, I think it should be renamed ‘the bad news’ because they only report bad things that have happened, so reading this long news-like book was not much fun for me.

The ending to this was unexpected, and I couldn’t quite believe what happened. That being said though, I am hoping that the next book in this series will be better! Please?
Overall; too much news, and too much information,
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment