Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Blue (Blue #1) by Lisa Glass

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Quercus and Edelweiss.
Blue (Blue #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Surfing is sixteen-year-old Iris’s world, and when the ultra-talented Zeke walks into her life, it soon becomes her passion.

Over one amazing summer, as she is drawn into his sphere, she experiences love, new friendships, but also loss, with an intensity she never dreamed of.

But is Zeke all he seems? What hides beneath his glamorous and mysterious past? When Iris decides to try for her own surfing success, just as her ex-boyfriend comes back into her life, she will test her talent, and her feelings for Zeke, to the limit…


Blue by Lisa Glass

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Blue (Blue #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Quercus and Edelweiss.)

This was an okay story, but it just didn’t really grab me.

Iris and Zeke were okay characters, but I didn’t really love them. I did laugh at the double entendres that Iris kept accidentally saying, but I just didn’t connect well with either of them.

The storyline in this was again okay, but it just didn’t grab me. I kept reading but I just couldn’t get into the story. I don’t think there was anything particularly wrong with the story, I just couldn’t get into it, and the romance didn’t interest me. The surfing thing couldn’t even grab me, and I was basically just glad to get to the end.
Overall; okay surfing story, but not for me,
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment