Friday, 11 July 2014

Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place #2) by Kelsey Sutton

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.
Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
In this companion novel to the critically acclaimed Some Quiet Place, Alex must choose between Revenge and Forgiveness.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandra Tate sits outside Nate Foster's house, clutching a gun. After serving ten years for the drunk driving accident that killed Alex's family, Nate has been released from prison. Every night, Alex waits out of sight, building up the courage to exact her own justice. There's just one problem: Forgiveness.

Alex has been able to see personified Emotions for as long as she can remember, and Revenge is her best friend. But when Forgiveness suddenly appears, he offers Alex a choice—getting even or moving on. It's impossible to decide when Revenge whispers in one ear . . . and Forgiveness whispers in the other.


Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton

My rating: 2.25 of 5 stars


Where Silence Gathers (Some Quiet Place, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Alex lives with her aunt and uncle following the death of her parents. Her best friend is someone only she can see – the physical personification of Revenge,who spends time with her because of the way her parents died. When the man responsible for her parents deaths is released from prison Alex isn’t sure how she feels, but does wonder if she wants revenge.
Is revenge what Alex wants? Or does she want something else?


I didn’t like this book as much as the first in the series, I got confused, and ultimately bored.

Alex was an okay character, it was obvious that she missed her parents and was still messed up after their deaths, and she seemed to put a lot of her faith in Revenge, and relied on him for support.

The storyline in this was just confusing for me. I felt like I had been dropped in at the deep end, and as if I was supposed to know more about what was happening than we were told in the book, which just ended up making me confused. The mystery of what had happened to Alex and her parent’s just didn’t interest me, which was surprising, but between the confusion and the lack of interest in the mystery, I just got bored and wasn’t able to enjoy this.
There was some romance going on between Alex and Revenge, and there were a couple of touching moments between the two, but this wasn’t really what I would classify as a normal romance. Being in love with your best friend is one thing, being in love with the physical personification of Revenge who only you can see, is quite another.
The ending to this was again confusing, and I found it difficult to concentrate on the story because I wasn’t enjoying it. I think we got a happy ending, but I was more happy to be finished the book than anything which was disappointing.
Overall; confusing,
4.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment