Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Thirty Sunsets by Christine Hurley Deriso

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.
Thirty Sunsets
Blurb (from Goodreads):
To Forrest Shephard, getting away to the family's beach house with her parents and her brother, Brian, is the best part of every summer. Until this year, when her mother invites Brian's obnoxious girlfriend, Olivia, to join them. Suddenly, Forrest's relaxing vacation becomes a mission to verify the reality of Olivia's rumored eating disorder. But the truth behind Olivia's finicky eating isn't at all what Forrest expected. And over the next thirty days, Forrest's world is turned upside down as her family's darkest secrets begin to come to light.

Thirty Sunsets by Christine Hurley Deriso

My rating: 3.75 of 5 stars


Thirty Sunsets(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and Netgalley.)
16-year-old Forrest really doesn’t like her brother’s girlfriend Olivia, and doesn’t like the changes he’s made to his life because of her. Spending the entire summer with Olivia seems like a nightmare, but it’s clear that things are not what they seem.
Is Olivia really bulimic? Should Forrest be spending time with the weird boy on the beach? And what other secrets are her family hiding from her?


This was an interesting contemporary YA story, and I liked the twists!

Forrest was a good lead character (even if her name was slightly odd). I understood how she felt about Olivia, and I liked the way she stuck up for her brother and tried to help him, even when he didn’t want her help!

The storyline in this was pretty good, and even though it was pretty obvious why Olivia was throwing up, there were other little twists that I really didn’t see coming! I really liked the mystery in this story, and I really liked the twists, they really kept the story fresh and exciting!
There was a hint of romance in this, but boy was the love interest creepy! I really didn’t like him from the moment Forrest met him, and I really didn’t want her being alone with him!
The ending to this was a little sudden, but everything was tied up nicely, and I was glad that we got a happy ending in the end!
Overall; good YA contemporary story,
7.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I really want to read this... but I'm kind of thinking I know why she's throwing up too now. And those types of books I tend to stay away from :( Maybe I'll be wrong about that... I hope!!

    ReplyDelete