Monday, 28 July 2014

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin


The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.
She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.
They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.
She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 2.25 of 5 stars


The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)(Source: I own a copy ofthis book.)
This book and I? We did not get on.

I ended the first book not knowing what was going on, and thinking that Mara was most likely suffering from paranoid delusions, I hoped that this book would clear at least some things up, but it was so freaking dull I barely made it through it.

I have to say that I also had issues with the believability of this book. (view spoiler)

Issues of believability aside, this book dragged, and dragged, and dragged some more. We didn’t get any answers, we just got more weird things going on, with zero explanation as to what was really happening, and then we got (view spoiler) freaking happening? I mean really? Give me a break! As if we needed more freaking madness in this book?!

I got so irritated with this book, it dragged, it was irritating, it had a lack of answers (again) and it was just dull! Ugh! Not impressed.
4.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment