Sunday, 13 July 2014

Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis

Sponsored post: I was able to view a digital galley of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to ABRAMS and NetGalley.
Otherbound
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Amara is never alone. Not when she's protecting the cursed princess she unwillingly serves. Not when they're fleeing across dunes and islands and seas to stay alive. Not when she's punished, ordered around, or neglected.

She can't be alone, because a boy from another world experiences all that alongside her, looking through her eyes.

Nolan longs for a life uninterrupted. Every time he blinks, he's yanked from his Arizona town into Amara's mind, a world away, which makes even simple things like hobbies and homework impossible. He's spent years as a powerless observer of Amara's life. Amara has no idea . . . until he learns to control her, and they communicate for the first time. Amara is terrified. Then, she's furious.

All Amara and Nolan want is to be free of each other. But Nolan's breakthrough has dangerous consequences. Now, they'll have to work together to survive--and discover the truth about their connection.


Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Otherbound(Source: I was able to view a digital galley of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to ABRAMS and NetGalley.)
17-year-old Nolan suffers from ‘seizures’, but in fact every time he closes his eyes, he sees through the eyes of a girl called Amara, who lives on another planet.
Will Nolan’s ‘seizures’ ever stop? And is he there to help Amara?


This started out okay, but I lost interest.

Nolan was an okay character, and I felt sorry for him because of the multiple seizures and the fact that he was missing half a leg. I did find it a little weird the way he learned to take over Amara’s body though.
Amara was an okay character, and it was noble the way she wanted to keep Cilla safe.

The storyline was okay, but I lost interest around the half-way mark. I had been enjoying it, but then I just got bored. I initially thought it was quite clever the way Nolan saw Amara when he closed his eyes, but as the story developed I got bored and confused, and really didn’t care what happened any more.
There was some romance, but it was a little unexpected. Considering that Amara had been having sex with a boy in one of the earlier chapters, I wasn’t expecting her to start snogging Cilla!
The ending was a bit disappointing, but to be honest I was just glad it was over. I kept expecting the book to improve after the dull spot, but the dull spot lasted for around 55% of the book.
Overall; not for me,
4 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment