Sunday, 27 July 2014

Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood #1) by Victoria Scott


Fire & Flood
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Time is slipping away....

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?

Victoria Scott's breathtaking novel grabs readers by the throat and doesn't let go.


Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott

My rating: 1.75 of 5 stars


Fire & Flood

I finished!!!

I have to say that I now know why this book is called 'Fire and Flood', it's because if I had to pick a book to throw into a fire, or to use as a sandbag in the event of a flood, this book would most definitely be gladly donated.

Telly was an irritating character, and I really did not like her. She never questioned anything, gladly took random drugs that someone she didn’t know handed her, wasted water in a desert rubbing it on her face, and couldn’t possibly be seen without makeup. Ugh.



The storyline was just awful, although that was partly due to Telly. She never questioned where this weird hearing aid had come from, never wondered how winning a race would win a cure for an incurable disease, and thought nothing of driving for 20 hours on a whim. As if that wasn’t bad enough, I just didn’t like this story, it bored me, it irritated me, and I couldn’t wait for it to end.

I can’t remember how many times I said ‘ugh’, during this book, and wanted to physically throw my kindle out the door. Needless to say, I will not be reading the sequel.
3.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Sad you didn't like it. Been hearing some varied reviews for this book. Maybe i will or maybe I won't check this out but thanks for this honest review.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete