Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and NetGalley.
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)Blurb (from Goodreads):
 A new series returns to the world of Beautiful Creatures. Some loves are cursed...others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley "Link" Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, the #1 New York Times bestselling coauthors of Beautiful Creatures, are back and casting another magical spell. Their signature mixture of mystery, suspense, and romance, along with a dash of fun and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.



Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia

My rating: 2.25 of 5 stars


Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and NetGalley.)

Well, I thought that Beautiful Redemption was a let-down after Beautiful Chaos, but Dangerous Creatures was actually worse.

Ridley wasn’t my favourite character from the Caster Chronicles, but she did have moments when I kind-of liked her. Unfortunately, there weren’t many of those moments in this book. Ridley annoyed me, she was irritating, and boy did she moan! Then, after telling us how big of a b*tch she was (her words), she suddenly developed feelings, and got ‘worried’! I mean really? Either your charcter is a b*tch, or she’s not. No half-measures please.

The storyline in this was just dull. I could tell from the first page that the magic was absent from this book, and I proved to be right. I did not care about Link’s band, I did not care for the petty arguments this pair had, and let me just say that Link’s songs were awful. Songs about chicken wings? Not good.
There was a backwards sort of romance that just irritated me. If you like him just freaking be with him and stop arguing over nothing! If you’re going to get insanely jealous if Ridley kisses someone else, then try to talk her into being your girlfriend again!

The ending to this was also less than wonderful. Although I was glad that it was over, the cliff-hanger was akin to the one at the end of Beautiful Chaos! You know the one I mean! Although to be honest, I was so bored by this book that I’m not sure I care what happens… Oh who am I kidding? Even though I don’t want to read the next book I want to know how that cliff-hanger pans out! Ugh.
Overall; a big disappointment,
4.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment