Thursday, 24 July 2014

Ascendant (Killer Unicorns #2) by Diana Peterfreund


Ascendant (Killer Unicorns, #2)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Astrid Llewelyn is now a fully trained unicorn hunter, but she can't solve all her problems with just a bow and arrow. Her boyfriend, Giovanni, has decided to leave Rome, the Cloisters is in dire financial straits, her best friend's powers seem to be mysteriously disintegrating, and Astrid can't help but feel that school, home, and her hopes of becoming a scientist are nothing but impossible dreams.

So when she's given the opportunity to leave the Cloisters and put her skills to use as part of a scientific quest to discover the Remedy, Astrid leaps at the chance. Finally, she can have exactly what she want--or can she? At Gordian headquarters, deep in the French countryside, Astrid begins to question everything she thought she believed: her love for Giovanni, her loyalty to the Cloisters, and most of all her duty as a hunter. Should Astrid be saving the world from killer unicorns, or saving the unicorns from the world?


Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Ascendant (Killer Unicorns, #2)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This was an interesting story, but I did get bored in places.

Astrid was brave as usual in this story, but I also found some of her choices a little odd. I wasn’t sure why she’d want to leave her unicorn hunting behind her, or why she’d want to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, but she did.

The storyline in this was okay, although it wasn’t really what I expected. I was surprised when the true mystery behind the Remedy was revealed though!
I really want there to be another book in this series, because it doesn’t really feel complete to me. As it’s now 4 years since this was released though I don’t hold out much hope that this story will continue.
Overall; interesting revelations!
7 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. the premise does sound fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete