Saturday, 28 June 2014

Shattered Secrets (Book of red #1) by Krystal Wade

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Curiosity Quills Press and Netgalley.
Shattered Secrets (Book of Red #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
"A highly entertaining and fast paced read. Ideal for fans of authors such as Jennifer L. Armentrout." ~Lynsey Taylor @ The Demon Librarian

After being kidnapped, hogtied, and stuffed in the trunk of a car, seventeen-year-old Abigail Nichols' boy problems seem unimportant.

She couldn't be more wrong.

The boy who saves her holds her heart. But Derick Crawford also holds secrets.

Magical beings who guide human emotions are fighting an invisible war dating back to the dawn of time, and Abigail's one of them. The more she learns of her heritage, the less she wants to know.

Armed with a very old, very massive book to teach them about their history, Abigail and Derick run away to a place where they think they can be safe and happy, only to have their troubles secretly hitch a ride.

Her history book is in a sharing mood, and it tells her to keep a secret of her own. But has she put her trust in the wrong place?

And will the world survive if she has?


Shattered Secrets by Krystal Wade

My rating: 0.75 of 5 stars


Shattered Secrets (Book of Red #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Curiosity Quills Press and Netgalley.)

How pleased am I that this is over? 100 stars!

Who would I recommend this to? People who loved Teardrop.

Will I ever read this again? No. I cannot delete this off my kindle fast enough.




I really didn’t like this book. This was one of those where I wondered if my ‘I’ve started so I’ll finish’ philosophy was actually going to kill me.



I didn’t like any of the characters in this story, and really didn’t care what happened to them. The main thing I was thinking as I was reading this was ‘Someone shoot me. Please.’.



The storyline was predictable and boring, the things people said were cringe-worthy, and I could feel my will to live bleeding slowly from my eyeballs with every darn word that I read. I didn’t care about the mythical creatures, I didn’t care about the freaking game, I didn’t care that a certain person could turn invisible, I just didn’t care.



The ending was sweet, sweet relief!



Overall; yuck, just yuck,
1.5 out of 10.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't like the book. The cover really is gorgeous. And I was like"Oh, that cover. Oh the synopsis! *Scrolling down to rating.* Wait what? Haha. If it didn't get 1.5 out of 10 I surely would have added to my TBR pile, but that's just too few. Have a nice reading week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity, why didn't you like any of the characters? What was it about them that made them unlikable? What was the plot about? What game are you talking about? The blurb doesn't mention any kind of game. You've actually left me more confused about this book.

    ReplyDelete