Thursday, 5 June 2014

Chasing Stars (After Eden #2) by Helen Douglas

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and Netgalley.
Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)Blurb (from Goodreads):
The boy Eden loves just saved her life. Now she must save his. To do so she must make a huge sacrifice. Eden can never see her friends or family again, as she travels a hundred years into the future. But the dangerous risk Ryan took to rescue Eden has been uncovered, and now Ryan faces an exile ...which will leave Eden separated from him - the one person she can't live without - and stuck in the future. She must fight to save both of them.

The mesmerising sequel to the author's wonderful debut, After Eden.


Chasing Stars by Helen Douglas

My rating: 3 of 5 stars




Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (UK & ANZ) and Netgalley.)
Ryan is back, and Eden is glad that she isn’t dead, but how long will it be before someone comes back from the future to deal with Ryan, and the fact that he shouldn’t be in 2012?!


This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

Eden once again came across as a little stupid, and she kind-of irritated me at points. She hadn’t even considered that someone might get sent back in time to clear up after Travis, or that someone might come back after Ryan! She was also a little clueless at other points, and it did start to annoy me.

The storyline was okay, but I lost interest. The initial start of the story was okay, and it was quite exciting when it appeared that someone had come back from the future, and was chasing Ryan and Eden, after that though it became pretty dull. I don’t want to say too much because of dropping spoilers, but the story just lost the little bit of tension that it had at this point, and I really lost interest.
There was a tiny bit of romance, but not a lot, so if you’re looking for a love story, this isn’t really it.
The ending was okay, but I was just glad that it was over to be honest. I still don’t really see how Ryan and Eden can get away with what they got away with, without anyone ever coming after them again though, so I’m not really sure that the ending was all that final really.
Overall; okay sequel, but I lost interest,
6 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment