Monday, 19 May 2014

Unravel by Calia Read


Unravel
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me.

Do you believe me?


Unravel by Calia Read

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


Unravel(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
20-year-old Naomi is stuck in a mental health facility, not really knowing why she is there, or if she really is losing her mind.
Why is Naomi at the mental health care facility? And will she ever get out?


This was an okay story, but I did get bored at points.

Naomi was an okay character, but she did come across as totally nuts at points. Her thinking was so muddled, and at points it was just way too hard to know what was real, and what was a hallucination.

The storyline was okay, but having finished the story I’m pretty sure I’ve read something very similar to this before. I did get really bored and confused at times though, the flashbacks and hallucinations meant that it was difficult to know what was real and what wasn’t, and the pace was just too slow for us to be constantly questioning what to believe.
There was a bit of romance in this, and there were also some pretty steamy love scenes. I did enjoy these scenes to a certain extent, but they weren’t really all that necessary for the story to be honest, and didn’t really need to be in there.
The ending wasn’t really expected, but once we got there I didn’t find it all that shocking, as I think I’ve read something else with exactly the same ending. I was pleased that we had finally gotten some answers though.
Overall; okay story, but the pace was too slow,
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment: