Monday, 5 May 2014

Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy #3) by Wendy Higgins

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.
Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.


Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

My rating: 4.25 of 5 stars


Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.)
The final battle is coming, and Anna and Kaidan must be prepared.
Can they really stand up to the dukes and win? And who will lose their lives in the process?


This was by far my favourite book of this series, and even though the ending was a bit cheesy, I really enjoyed it.

Anna and Kaidan were great in this. I liked how strong they were, how they managed to fool people when they needed to, and how much they loved each other. Even though they did some stupid things too, I couldn’t help but love them.

The storyline in this was good. I have to say that I’m a bit of an adrenalin junky when it comes to books, and this one had tonnes of action, danger, and tension right from the beginning, making me instantly hooked! I really liked the little twists in the story, and I really didn’t want to put this down to go to sleep!
The romance in this was so good! We got some hot and steamy scenes, without there being anything explicit, and I loved how the author managed to give us what we wanted, whilst still keeping to her original limitations. The romance did get a bit cheesy in places, but I still enjoyed it.
The ending to this was good, and I liked how things worked out. I did think the epilogue was maybe a little too cheesy, but I managed to look past that.
Overall; great end to the series,
8.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, so happy to hear that you loved the last book. Most people haven't been into this one.

    ReplyDelete