Friday, 16 May 2014

A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark #1) by Jocelyn Davies


A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites--like fire and ice--Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move--only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.

In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

A Beautiful Dark is the first book in a captivating trilogy by debut author Jocelyn Davies.


A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

My rating: 1.5 of 5 stars


A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)(Source: I stupidly spent money on a copy of this book.)
17-year-old Skye suddenly has every bloke in a ten mile radius falling over himself to be with her because she’s such a freaking goddess.
Give me a break.


And once again I fall victim to a pretty cover, with a rubbish book behind it.

I didn’t like any of the characters in this book, they were either dull, irritating, or downright stupid, and I really could not care less what happened to them.

The storyline in this just really didn’t do it for me. It was dull, it was predictable, and in places it was downright cringe-worthy. When I say that this book reminded me of Lauren Kate’s books, this is not a compliment; I don’t like her books either. It particularly annoyed me that these freaks had no free will and seemed to think that that was a good thing!
There was some romance, because obviously any guy (with or without a heartbeat) wanted her for himself, which was so irritating!
The ending was likewise annoying, and as glad as I was to finish, I really wished I’d never started in the first place.
Overall; not impressed,
3 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I would have fallen for the pretty cover too.

    ReplyDelete