Sunday, 6 April 2014

The Last Forever by Deb Caletti

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Simon Pulse and Edelweiss.
The Last Forever
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Endings and beginnings sit so close to each other that it’s sometimes impossible to tell which is which.

Nothing lasts forever, and no one gets that more than Tessa. After her mother died, it’s all she can do to keep her friends, her boyfriend, her happiness from slipping away. And then there’s her dad. He’s stuck in his own daze, and it’s so hard to feel like a family when their house no longer seems like a home.

Her father’s solution? An impromptu road trip that lands them in a small coastal town at Tessa’s grandmother’s. Despite all the warmth and beauty there, Tessa can’t help but feel even more lost.

Enter Henry Lark. He understands the relationships that matter. And more importantly, he understands her. A secret stands between them, but Tessa’s willing to do anything to bring them together—because Henry may just be her one chance at forever.


The Last Forever by Deb Caletti

My rating: 2.25 of 5 stars


The Last Forever(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Simon Pulse and Edelweiss.)
17-year-old Tessa lives with her father after her mother died of cancer, and they still haven’t really learned how to live with just the two of them.
When her father than wants to go on a crazy road-trip to the Grand Canyon, Tessa has to go, and takes with her ‘Pixiebell’, a plant that was her grandfathers, which her mum looked after. Unfortunately though, Pixiebell starts to look a bit ill.
What is wrong with Pixiebell? And can Tessa save it before it’s too late?


I didn’t enjoy this book at all, I just found it boring.

I couldn’t connect with Tessa. I felt sorry for her because her mum was dead and her dad was an ass, but I couldn’t feel sorry for her stupid plant, and her preoccupation with it was annoying. I also didn’t get her need to keep telling us her darn geographical location via co-ordinates; I mean did we really need to know that?

The storyline in this just didn’t interest me, and the writing didn’t suck me in. I was bored from pretty early on, and although some of the little bits about plants were mildly interesting, the rest of the book was just ridiculous. The whole storyline was basically about a plant for pity’s sake! And it wasn’t even all that interesting a plant as it turned out. Tessa was more interested in the plant than her father, her grandmother, her dead mother, the boy who wanted to be her boyfriend and pretty much anything really. I personally could not have given two hoots about the stupid plant, and why anyone would want to go all the way to Alaska, just to preserve some freaking seeds that they could have just posted there was also beyond me.
There was some romance, but it didn’t interest Tessa, and it didn’t interest me either.
To be honest I didn’t like this book, and I found it pretty darn boring, you cannot believe how pleased I was to finally make it to the end.
Overall; dull and boring,
4.5 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment