Thursday, 3 April 2014

The Kill (The Forbidden Game #3) by L.J. Smith

The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
To rescue her boyfriend Tom and her cousin Zach from the evil Julian, Jenny Thornton and her friends--Audrey, Michael, and Dee--venture into the Shadow World, armed only with a set of runes that hold the key to the doors of hell. 
 

The Kill by L.J. Smith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Kill by L.J. Smith(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Julian now has Tom and Zach in the shadow world.
Can Jenny and the others beat Julian at his own game in time to save them?


This was a great 3rd book in the series, but that ending just killed me.

This was a great book; creepy and tense, with plenty of twists and turns. The summoning of a door to the shadow realm was maybe a little too easy (and far too descriptive – I hope nobody ever tries it!), but the events at the fun fair were pretty creepy.
I liked the romance between Julian and Jenny again, but I totally hated the way she continued to shoot him down – is she mad?!
The ending was terrible though, I remember now why I couldn’t remember how this series ended – it’s because I blocked the traumatic event from my mind. Once again I ended up crying, and wishing that things could have been different! So unfair! I have to go rewrite that ending in my head to a happy one now.
Overall; great series, but that ending! No!
8 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment