Wednesday, 16 April 2014

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.


The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 3.12 of 5 stars


The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.)
Zeke is gone, and it’s up to Allison, Kanin, and Jackal to stop Sarren once and for all. Can they do it in time though? Or will Sarren really bring about the end of the world with his engineered virus?

This was an okay end to the series, but I didn’t love it.

Allison was an okay character, although it was a little difficult to really get a read on her. One moment she was all for saving the world, and the next she just wanted to kill every human in sight. Vampires ay?

The storyline was okay, but we did get a bit of a middle book syndrome creeping into the first 70% of this book with lots of fairly dull travelling going on, and very little actually happening. When things finally did start to get a little more action packed the book improved, but it seemed a long time coming.
There was some romance, and eventually Zeke and Allison had an important chat. I won’t say any more.
There were a few twists, one of which I liked, and one which felt like a bit of a cop-out to me.
The ending was okay. I liked the action part, but I wasn’t quite so impressed with regards to the final cure. Again, I’m not saying any more!
Overall; okay end to the series,
6.25 out of 10.


2 comments:

  1. I really loved this trilogy, Julie renewed my faith in an ending that was just right since my experiences with trilogies lately have been not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this. I did think the traveling got boring but I enjoyed it overall.

    ReplyDelete