Monday, 28 April 2014

John Dreamer by Elise Celine

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to AuthorBuzz and Netgalley.
John Dreamer
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her. When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.

John Dreamer by Elise Celine

My rating: 1.5 of 5 stars


John Dreamer(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to AuthorBuzz and Netgalley.)
7 teens wake up to find themselves in a white room, with 7 chairs. How did they get there? Why are they there? And what must they do to get home again?


Well, once again I shouldn’t have been swayed by a pretty cover, because I didn’t enjoy this book at all.

I didn’t like any of the characters in this book. They were all stupid, irritating, and liked to argue, and didn’t endear themselves to me at all.

The storyline in this was a fairly old idea, and reminded me a bit of the film ‘Cube’ and the series of books - ‘The Forbidden Game’ by L. J. Smith. However, while I liked both of the afore mentioned film and books, I didn’t like this. I found the whole thing utterly boring, and irritating, and could not finish this fast enough. I didn’t want to listen to the arguments these kids had, I didn’t want to listen to their theories or sob stories, and I didn’t want to read this book past the first chapter really.
There was some romance, and it was very poor. The girl fell in love with the guy on sight, she even admitted it, and it just got worse from there.
The ending was also pretty darn poo, and I was really glad that this was over. Great, they all learned something about themselves and faced their fears, only I have to say that I really didn’t care at all by that point.
Overall; dull, with irritating characters,
3 out of 10.


1 comment: