Monday, 28 April 2014

Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.
Fragile Line
Blurb (from Goodreads):
It can happen in a flash. One minute she’s kissing her boyfriend, the next she’s lost in the woods. Sixteen-year-old Ellie Cox is losing time. It started out small…forgetting a drive home or a conversation with a friend. But her blackouts are getting worse, more difficult to disguise as forgetfulness. When Ellie goes missing for three days, waking up in the apartment of a mysterious guy—a guy who is definitely not her boyfriend, her life starts to spiral out of control.

Perched on the edge of insanity, with horrific memories of her childhood leaking in, Ellie struggles to put together the pieces of what she’s lost—starting with the name haunting her, Gwen. Heartbreakingly beautiful, this poignant story follows one girl’s harrowing journey to finding out who she really is.


Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye

My rating: 3.25 of 5 stars


Fragile Line(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)
16-year-old Ellie is scared and confused by the blackouts she suffers from, which leave her waking up in strange places with no idea of where she has been or what she has done.
What is the cause of Ellie’s blackouts? And what happens to her when she’s not in control?


This book started out okay, but the last third was just weird.

Ellie was an okay character, and I felt really sorry for her and the way she was constantly getting these blackouts. I totally got how upsetting it would be to wake up with a tattoo and have no idea how you got it, and to not be able to confide in anyone would be awful.

The storyline in this was pretty good, although it did remind me of another book – ‘The Half-Life of Molly Pierce’. The girl in that – Molly, suffered from exactly the same medical condition as Ellie, and even had the same unnerving experience of coming out of a blackout to find herself driving a car.
I did like this story for the most part, but the last third was just odd, and I didn’t really like it. In theory it might have been a good idea, but for me it just didn’t work out well, and I ended up feeling quite confused by the ending.
There was some romance, but it wasn’t really a really good romance so much as just a part of the storyline.
The ending was odd, and I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. That last third of the book, and the strangeness and confusion of the ending really ruined this book for me.
Overall; okay story, but the ending ruined it for me,
6.5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, the last 1/3 didn't work for me as much as the first part did.

    ReplyDelete