Saturday, 5 April 2014

Foretold (Sisters of Fate #1) by Rinda Elliott

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.
Foretold (Sisters of Fate, #1)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
It is written that three Sisters of Fate have the power
to change the world's destiny.
But only if they survive…

The Lockwood triplets have had the prophecy drummed into their heads since birth. Still, Raven, the eldest of the sisters, can't believe it's really happening. She's the reincarnation of a Norse goddess? One of the sisters is destined to die? When it starts snowing in summer in Florida, the sisters fear the worst has come to pass. Ragnarok, the Norse end of the world, has begun.

Raven finds herself the secret protector of Vanir, a boy with two wolves, a knowledge of Norse magic and a sense of destiny he can't quite explain. He's intense, sexy and equally determined to save her when it becomes clear someone is endangering them. Raven doesn't know if getting closer to him will make a difference in the coming battle, but her heart isn't giving her a choice.

Ahead of the sisters is the possibility of death at the hand of a warrior, death by snow, death by water or death by fire.

Or even from something else…

Sisters of Fate
The prophecy doesn't lie: one is doomed to die.



Foretold by Rinda Elliott

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars



Foretold (Sisters of Fate, #1)(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.)
Raven and her sisters have been brought up to believe that they have Nordic Goddesses inside of them, and that one day the end of the world will begin, and one of them will die.
Is this really true? Is snow that falls all over the world the beginning of the end? And what is there mother up to with her iron skillet?


When I first saw this book I had a gut feeling that I wouldn’t like it, and although it was no teardrop, it wasn’t great either.

Raven was an okay character, but I never really warmed to her. I didn’t love her, and I didn’t hate her, I just didn’t really care all that much about what happened to her. I thought she did come across as a little naïve at times, but the whole book had a sort of naïve, immature feel to it, so she fitted with the rest of the book.

The storyline in this was a little shaky. The original ‘triplets with goddesses living inside them’ wasn’t too difficult to accept, but as the story progressed it became more unbelievable, and I really lost interest. By the half-way mark I was really struggling, and had it not been for the fact that I kept switching between this book and another book, I think this would have been even more unbearable.

There was some romance, but it was very much of the soul-mate, made-for-each-other, I-instantly-knew variety, which I know puts a lot of people off. The kiss scenes we got weren’t bad, but I didn’t really feel the attraction between the pair.

The ending was okay, but I was mainly glad to have finished. I won’t be reading any other books in this series.
Overall; okay~ish, but I was glad to finish!
5 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. I like mythology but have not of this series before. I'll have to check it out. I'm not down with the insta love though.

    ReplyDelete