Sunday, 16 March 2014

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis



Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
Blurb (from Goodreads):
Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceship Godspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.



Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

My rating: 4.38 of 5 stars


Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
This is book 3 in the ‘Across the Universe’ series.
Amy and Elder are about to take the shuttle down to the new planet, but what surprises lay in store for them? And what about the monsters?


This was a brilliant end to the series, and I loved how many twists and turns there were!

I liked Amy and Elder in this book, they both took charge and made bold moves, and I liked how they took risks to get a job done (even if the risks were ridiculously high!).

The storyline in this was good, and aside from a couple of incidences where the author threw caution, common sense, and the laws of physics out the window, was pretty shocking in its ingenuity.
I have to say that this book just shocked me with every chapter. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, something came along to turn that on its head, and the mysteries just got deeper and deeper. I really cannot say how many times this book made me laugh with shock, surprise, and pure entertainment, and even when bad things happened they happened in a way that was just so surprising and ingenious that I even loved them!
There were a couple of moments where I was not impressed at what the author was doing, and thought some scenes were downright unrealistic, but hey, she invented a whole planet, I’ll let her off on a few momentary issues, but only because the rest of the book was so good.
The ending to this was also great. Fitting, reasonably happy, not too open, and I have to say that I for one was really pleased!
Overall; great end to the series, and loved all the surprises!
8.75 out of 10.


3 comments:

  1. So agree with you that this was a fantastic end to the series. So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I am so reading this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the fence about starting this series but I think you just convinced me :) Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete