Monday, 10 March 2014

Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn

Sponsored post: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and Netgalley.
Searching for BeautifulBlurb (from Goodreads):
Before, Brynn had a group of best friends, a loving boyfriend, a growing talent for pottery. She had a life. And after…she had none.

When Brynn lost the boyfriend who never loved her, the friends who feel she betrayed their trust, and the new life just beginning to grow inside her, she believes her future is as empty as her body. But then Christian, the boy next door, starts coming around. Playing his guitar and pushing her to create art once more. She meets some new friends at the local community center, plus even gets her dad to look her in the eye again…sort of.

But can Brynn open up her heart to truly find her life’s own beauty, when living for the after means letting go of the before?


Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Searching for Beautiful(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and Netgalley.)
16-year-old Bryn expects her boyfriend Jason to support her when she tells him that she’s pregnant; so to be told to have an abortion, and for him to question the father of the baby really shocks her.
Unfortunately Bryn then miscarries, but still has no support from her boyfriend and friends as they all seemingly turn against her.
Why isn’t Jason supportive? And how long will it take Bryn to get over losing her baby?


This was an okay story, but I lost interest.

Bryn was an okay character. What she was going through was obviously difficult for her, and I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her with regards to the way her friend and Jason treated her. I didn’t really love her though, and found it a bit hard to connect to her.

The storyline was alright, even though it didn’t go quite the way I expected, but unfortunately I just lost interest. I just couldn’t connect with Bryn, and didn’t feel invested in the story.
I was interested to find out what had happened to her mum and how she had died, but that was about it really. The romance didn’t really interest me either, and I just got bored.
The ending was okay, and fairly happy, but I really wasn’t interested by that point.
Overall; okay story about death and bullying,
6 out of 10.


1 comment: